Clinic Dispensing is the act of providing prescription medications to patients at the point of care. Legal in almost every state, clinic dispensing is also called point-of-care dispensing and physician dispensing. Northwind Pharmaceuticals fits into this model by providing dispensing practitioners pharmaceuticals in ready-to-dispense packaging plus the tools to legally label and track dispensed medications.
Dispensing at the point-of-care provides the following benefits:
- Convenience to the patient
- Improved patient compliance
- Revenue to the clinic
- Clinic differentiation
Most clinics focus on dispensing generic medications.
- Based on prescribing patterns, dispensed medications could include: antibiotics, analgesics, lotions, creams, ointments, suspensions and many cough, cold and allergy OTCs.
- These medications are ready-to-dispense. This means that they are packaged in unit-of-use sizes/counts to complete a course of therapy. Because the bottles come packaged in the appropriate dispensing count with full FDA compliant labeling, no one in the office has to count pills or worry about labeling.
- Most clinics focus on cash-pay customers though some high-volume clinics do pursue insurance reimbursement.
- Small space requirements and the low cost of most generic medications enables the dispensing physician to offer a broad array of products. The more products available, the higher the value to the patient.
Northwind Makes it Easy!
- A Northwind representative will work with you to develop a formulary that matches your prescribing pattern.
- Click below to create your account.
- Authorized clinic representatives place orders with Northwind via phone, fax, email or online.
- Orders are processed on the same business day and shipped within 24 hours.
- Customers receive their shipment with the option to import the items electronically through our web-based inventory management and dispensing system.
- Northwind representatives remain available throughout the process to answer questions and assist you in any way possible.
Employer Health Solutions
Worksite clinics are growing in popularity for a number of great reasons…
Traditional primary care is being assaulted by a host of evolving challenges…
Student Health Centers provide critical health services to students while they are away from home…
Urgent Care options are exploding across the country…
In the ongoing battle against obesity, physician-directed weight management practices play a critical role…
Create an Account
Ready to experience the Northwind difference? Click below to sign up for an account.